Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Introduction for Mr. Menard's English Class


Introduction for Mr. Menard’s English class.

Hello, Mr. Menard, I am Cho Woo Hyun 조우현, and my English name is Alex. I am very glad to be studying with you, since I have heard about your fun and ‘awesome’ classes from the senior groups in KMLA.

What I hope to achieve in your class is becoming a ‘writer’, not a TOEFL essay writer. For all my years in middle school, I have only written essays in the format that the ets TOEFL essay requires us to write in. At that time, I thought every essay had to be written in TOEFL format. However, recently, I found out that what I had learned from studying TOEFL was not very useful. Even, it gave me a bad habit of starting every paragraph with transitions like first, second, and third, etc. I figured this out by reading a book called the “Riverside Reader” before coming into KMLA. Now that I have the opportunity to learn ‘real’ essays by taking Mr. Menard’s classes, I get excited every time I stand in front of a door that has a sign “Mr. Menard”. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About